Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cartoon roundup!

All right, everyone, it's time for a cartoon roundup!  In which I comment on cartoons that have struck my fancy, in no particular order -


Now here is one where I actually would appreciate reader commentary, since I'm too busy lazy to do my own research.  Also, I want to hear people present the best of the other side.  I am as pro-life as you can get, but in the meantime, it makes sense to hold physicians who do that sort of procedure up to a high standard.  Especially given the fact that abortions DO go wrong, and when they do, they leave the mother AND the baby dead (as opposed to just the baby).  My (unsupported) understanding is that there are some politics regarding who has hospital admission privileges such that a rule regarding hospital admission privileges wouldn't solve anything.  Also, that supposedly Gov. Brown's bill doesn't result in any reduction in safety to the woman.  Anyway - I'm open to thoughts here.


Yeah.  This one pretty much goes without saying.  More costs to insurance companies, healthcare providers,  businesses, and policyholders.  It just sucks all around.  Tell you what, let's pass a law that sucks up all sorts of costs from various sources and wonder why the economy doesn't recover!


The only thing I would add is that this seems to be a first resort (rather than a last resort) when it comes to criticizing the President.


To be honest, I'm pretty tired of hearing the "you can keep your health plan" drumbeat.  We get it - the President lied.  But I've heard it so much I don't care anymore.  So why did I include this cartoon?  Three words: Smoky the Bear.  Such a well-recognized symbol of good forest stewardship whom I was introduced to in kindergarten; he makes me smile.


This.  Is there anything on the news that's NOT alarmist and sensationalist anymore?


Yeah.  Exactly.  Never mind that the House Republicans were using their Constitutionally designated powers.  Never mind that the Senate Democrats could have agreed at any time to Republican bills that authorized funding the government if only Congress's ACA exemption was lifted.  Nope.  It's all 100% the Republicans' fault.

I think that's enough for now.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment