Friday, March 25, 2011

Cartoons as art

I really, really love political cartoons as an art form.  Just something about the way they make a succinct, heavy-hitting point – it’s as close to instant communication as you can get.  I enjoy the way one can almost physically strike with poignancy …
Photobucket
Or make you laugh in an instant …

Photobucket
Take the first one – I love how all our political worries and gripes (both serious and silly) just pale in comparison to their sacrifice.  Always worth remembering – in all things, a dash of perspective.
And now take the second one – I don’t know about where you live, but here in Alaska, winter driving is MUCH smoother than summer driving.  Except for the lack of any sort of traction on the road in winter.  But that’s a mere technicality!  /wink  You just kinda learn to manage the glide, if you’re like me and too lazy to switch over to your winter tires.
In sum, I <3 political cartoons.  I will probably be using a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment