Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Did ya miss me?

I’ve been away for a while (moving from Podunk, Montana to Chicago) and when I dropped off the face of the earth I had some half-finished thoughts for this blog.  So, due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. moving a long bleeping way), I reserve the right to blog about some OLD stuff for a bit.  How old? Old.  Embarrassingly old.  Which is why I’m pointing it out NOW before anyone says, “Gosh, Athena – you REALLY missed the boat.  Don’t you know that’s old news?”
Speaking of news, in other news -   
I took the train into the city for the first time the other day to go check out my new office.  I am sure I looked like a tourist – I was looking around and up at EVERYTHING with (I’m sure) a look of awed excitement on my face while trying not to stare / look weird.  I almost wish people came with license plates because if I had put a Montana license plate on my butt it would have made much more sense to the casual observer:
Random stranger (thinking to themselves): Gosh that chick is acting awfully strange.  Has she NEVER seen a building over 5 stories before? (notices Montana license plate) Ohhhh … I see.  That explains a lot.
Later that day, I am sitting in my office up in one of those big buildings and I look out at the skyline.  Then it suddenly and randomly hits me – OMG!  I live in Chicago.  I work in freaking downtown Chicago.  How awesome is that?!  So if you haven’t guessed yet, I am really, REALLY excited about moving here.

No comments:

Post a Comment